Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Second Coming of Margery


My roommate Pete persisted once we got back to the dorm room.
"Wil, I know you got some last night. Why won't you admit it? Who the hell is she?"
"I didn't tell you about her before 'cause it was sort of a blind date thing. I figured it wouldn't work out and then you and those guys would be givin' me shit forever about going out on a setup date," I said.
"So... judging from how late you got in... it worked out...right?" said Pete.
"Fuck yeah it worked out. I had a wild night, Petey," I said.
"Spill it you son-of-a-bitch. Details. Right now," said Pete.
"Nah. A gentleman doesn't tell," I said.
"You bastard! I've had to watch you mopin' around like someone shot your best dog for half a year ever since Molly dumped your sorry ass and my payback is this?!? You bastard!" yelled Pete.
"Well. It was a great night. You know my buddy from back home, John? She's his sister's roommate-- well, they share a two bedroom apartment uptown," I said.
Petey looked at me blankly. He needed more information.
"So, anyway, John knew the whole Molly bullshit deal and he knew that his sister's friend wasn't 'seeing anyone' and so he had her kind of set us up," I said.
"No wonder you didn't want to tell me you sad, miserable s.o.b. But isn't his sister a senior or grad student or something?" said Pete.
"She's a junior," I said.
"You're fuckin' a junior broad?! Jesus are you dipped in gold or what you bastard," said Pete.
"She's pre-law."
"Oh just hit me with that ball bat in the corner! You're nailin' a lawyer?! Holy shit, Wil!" Pete shouted.
"She's not a lawyer. She's a junior taking pre-law courses. God you're a pain in the ass. Do you see why I didn't want to tell you? By dinner time every asshole on this floor will think I'm dating the state district attorney!" I said.
"My Dad wants me to be a lawyer," said Pete.
"Pete, your dad would be happy if you just learned how to read, ya fuckin' idiot. You really piss me off, you know that?" I said.
The big black wall phone next to the door rang. Petey jumped to answer it.
"Good afternoon. This is the room of William W. Wilson, Peter Jacobs speaking. How may I help you?" he said into the phone.
"One moment. I'll see if young Squire Wilson is available to take your call," he said.
Petey covered the receiver and said, "I think it's your lawyer."
I took the phone from him, opened the door, and pushed him into the hall slamming the door behind him. As I was gathering myself to take the call I heard him yell through the door, "I have a key you know!"
"Hello."
"Wil? Who was that guy who answered?" she said
"My idiot roommate who will be dead by sunrise tomorrow," I replied.
"You freshmen all have so much fun until you start flunking out," she said.
Before I could respond she went on, "Why did you leave last night?"
"Well, you were asleep and, well, you never invited me... so I thought I would just cover you up, write a note, and come back here," I said.
"Next time you should stay. There was still a lot to do, you know," she said.
"I can't imagine what," I said.
"Oh. I think you can probably imagine. But if you can't I have an idea or two. Anyway, you need to be here at 6 tonight. Try to dress up a bit, OK?" she said.
"Hold it. Did I miss something? I had a few beers last night... did we have a date for tonight?" I asked.
"We do now. Get over here at six," Margery said.
I didn't respond for a few seconds.
"Please, Wil... it will be worth your time... I promise," she was almost whispering in the phone now.
"Six it is," I said.
"Good. Bye now!" She said as she hung up the phone.
I hung up and opened the door. Pete was an inch away as it opened.
"OK. I could only hear your side of it. What's happening at six?" he asked.
"I think I'm getting fucked by my lawyer," I said.

6 comments:

Cate said...

Oooh... I am intrigued. I will definitely be back for more.

Oh, and I should probably mention that the ISTJ in my life is my husband. So the fact that I cheat means I am obviously not very good with ISTJ men!

Cate xxx

Crack The Whip said...

Wasn't it the 20th Century philosopher Michael Jackson who said, er sang,

"One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch girl..."

Lily said...

I can't wait for the next part myself I have a feeling its going to be great

Crack The Whip said...

Lily, you are so kind. I lived it, so now I'll just have to remeber every juicy detail and get it written. Hope you enjoy it.

Lucy said...

Wow. I can't wait to read the next instalment. I came here from Lily's blog and started at post number 1 and couldn't stop reading (until there wasn't any more).

I'm bookmarking you, and coming back daily to see what the next chapter holds. Keep up the good work.

Lucy

Crack The Whip said...

Thank you very much, Lucy. I hope I can live up to your expectations in future posts.