Friday, September 5, 2008

The Rocks Are On Me



I opened the door to find Jill standing there. (That would be Jill the beautiful Resident Assistant. Long straight black hair, great tan, big bright smile. Remember? No, why would you?) We exchanged pleasantries as usual. She always called me Bill those days even though everybody else on the floor called me Wil or Wilson. For a moment I thought she was dropping by to spend some quality time with "Bill" but I quickly found out, unfortunately, that our lovely RA was holding a meeting that evening at 9 and attendance was mandatory. She looked pretty stressed and went on to knock on the other doors and tell everyone. Having Jill stop by should have been a mood brightener but, alas, it just led to a bunch of guys hanging out in the living room of the suite trying to figure out why we were having an emergency meeting. Lots of scuttlebutt and chatter but I didn't care about it. I still felt crappy from traveling and this odd feeling of trepidation regarding the little blond up north. Sitting in a meeting where I had to give my rapt attention to Jill wouldn't be a bad way to spend some time though. But, I still wanted to go find a beer. Or two or three.

------

When I got to the meeting I expected to see Diana. I figured she should have been back on campus by then but, I guess I figured wrong-- she wasn't there. Jill got right to the point. Three students from the building, one from our floor, had been suspended two weeks for violation of residence hall policy. She reviewed the policy point in question-- basically three people had been caught smoking dope in a room Friday night and Jill wanted to make sure we knew that couldn't happen. Frankly, if they were going to suspend everyone who was getting high in the dorms from dear old alma mater they would eventually need to get the state legislature to front them the equivalent of about 80% of the tuition revenue currently rolling in. On the way back to the guys' side of the floor the talk was about how everyone would be heading down to the river all the time to get high now instead of staying safe in their little dorm rooms. None of it mattered to me. I didn't enjoy smoking dope. I didn't care a bit if everybody else did, but it wasn't anything I enjoyed. Outlaw alcohol and I'd be upset-- but pot? Didn't care.

Petey caught up with me in my room.

"Wil! Did you know about that shit?" he said.

"Nah. Doesn't bother me anyway." I said.

"Really?" Pete said.

"Petey, you know I don't get high. Why would I care if some guys got busted for smoking pot in the dorm?" I asked.

"Not that, asshole. I'm surprised that you aren't upset that Diana was partying in her room at 2 o'clock Saturday morning with two guys from the 3rd floor? Didn't you know that's who got suspended?" Pete said.

I suddenly felt kind of weird. My thoughts were racing. I never thought of myself as Diana's "boyfriend." We just had a, um, mutually exploratory sexual relationship. But, I did like her and I definitely liked the attention she gave me-- even if she did like to be in control more than I appreciated. I definitely didn't like the idea that she was fucking around in her room with two guys, getting high in the middle of the night. There aren't many directions that scene could go that I even wanted to imagine. And, come to think of it, she was supposed to be out of town all weekend. Then again she told me that she was going out of town after I told her I was going home for the weekend. So maybe that was bullshit anyway. Then again... then again...

"Didn't you know?" Pete asked again.

"No," I said.

"Shit! I can't believe I knew something that happened around here before you did! And, better than that, it was about Diana! Holy shit!" Pete said, "What are you smiling about?"

"Ya wanna go uptown and get a beer Petey boy?" I said.

"Uh... sure. OK. Drown your sorrows?" he said.

"No bud. Celebration. I'm buying the Rolling Rock tonight." I said.

11 comments:

Cate said...

Oh you naughty thing!!!!

But I must admit that I am smiling.

;-)

Cate xxx

L. said...

Hmmm... someone's happy about this. I wonder why?

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

Oooh. This gives you all *kinds* of ways out if you want it. And, it does restore a certain balance of power.

Kyra said...

Well I never really liked Diana anyway. I did say that in the beginning, right?

So please tell me our young Wil gets a little action on his night out?

Riff Dog said...

I'm not wild about Diana either. But I don't know if chasing tail on this night is the right thing to do. Well, I guess I probably would . . . but I still don't think it's the right thing. Besides, in my case, my success rate was so unbelievably low, it wouldn't have mattered!

suburban hotwife said...

*tsk, tsk* on Diana!

Her wild side and rebelious attitude got her in deep water, eh?

I hope this bodes well for Jackie in the long run!

Tiffany Cavalli said...

Hi Will.. Tiffany Cavalli here.. greetings from South Africa! Thats where i am right now.. Great sunshine! Just discovered your blog... Thanks for visiting mine. I see you enjoy my creative but true erotic writing?! Glad it turns you on.. :-) To be honest im new to blogging, yet my site has had over 5000 hits in two months. Is this normal? im looking for someone to give me direction or mentor my blogging. Im open to guidance and correction. Any suggestions? Yourself or perhaps other experienced bloggers? Im also open to the idea of linking though i dont know too much about it. anyway.. Hope you contact me soon. Love Tiffany

asweetnectar said...

Lovely! I see I have some reading to catch up on!

asweetnectar said...

Lovely! I see I have some reading to catch up on!

Wil said...

cate- naughty? not me.

L- happy? not me. I'm moody.

Ms.I- ways out? you're devious, young lady.

kyra- action? not me.

riff- the spirit was willing bu the flesh was weak.

Wil said...

sh- you seem to have developed a rooting interest there... hmmm.

tiffany- thanks for stopping by... I'm sure there are lots of guys who will help you with the blogging tools... I'm lucky if I can get a picture to show up... but if you have trouble I'll fly to South Africa I suppose :)

nectar- shame on you for falling behind! maybe if I posted shorter stuff... ;-)

Thanks all of you for reading.