Sunday, October 30, 2016

To The Suite

We drove back to the parking garage behind the hotel.  Janelle got out of my car, got behind the wheel of her Jeep, and I walked over as she rolled the window down.

"I'll be back in about two hours or so. Don't worry if it's a little bit longer... I have to get cleaned up, pack a bag or two, you know..."

"No problem. I need to run a few errands, get some supplies, take a shower..." I said.
"Supplies, hmmm?  I wonder what that means."
I laughed and shrugged. She grinned, backed her Jeep out of its slot, and scooted out of the garage and out of sight.

I stood in the garage watching her drive off and wondered just what the hell we were doing. It was all pretty crazy. But, best not to overthink it. You run into an interesting, attractive woman like her who wants to spend the weekend shacked up with you in a hotel room and, what the hell, just go with it.

I went up to the room, shaved for the second time that day, showered, and then went out on my shopping mission.  A stop at the grocery store first for some food and beverages.  The suite had a microwave and refrigerator, of course, so I got beer and a few bottles of wine as well as some edibles. Then it was off to the drugstore.  Since I came to the mountains solo I hadn't brought along any lube or condoms. I found a warming lube I'd never used and figured it was worth a try. Got condoms but, frankly, I hoped that Janelle wouldn't want me to use them.  I stood in the store thinking about sliding my cock deep into that girl with nothing but slippery slickness between her skin and mine.
Hey!  Snap out of it, bub.

Within an hour of leaving I was right back in the suite. Janelle had been gone just an hour and a half. Nothing to do but wait.  I put away everything I had bought. I straightened up the bathroom. I turned on the TV. Straightened up the living room.  Walked out on the balcony. Checked the bathroom again.

At the two hour mark I still hadn't heard from her.
Two and a half hours went by and no word.
At the three hour mark I was officially concerned.  Did she stand me up?
It had been three hours and fifteen minutes from the time she drove out of the parking garage when I figured I'd call her and see where she was.  Then I decided to wait.  Didn't want to seem too anxious.

About ten minutes later my phone rang.

"I'm just leaving the house, babe. Sorry! It took longer than I thought. Were you worried?"
"Nah.  Just sitting here watching a ballgame," I said.
"OK. I'll be there in ten."
"I'll be down there."
"Cool. See ya."

I was waiting at the same slot she'd pulled out of earlier when she rolled up, parked, shut off the engine, and opened the door.
"Hey," she said.
"Hey," I said as she got down out of her big toy truck.
We hugged.  She smelled great.  She looked even better.  Jeans, boots, and a cotton sweater.
Silver bracelets.  Too many to count.  Silver earrings.  Hair and makeup-- spectacular.

"You sure you weren't a little bit worried?" she said.
"Of course I was worried.  I was beside myself," I deadpanned.
She made a harumph sound.
"Janelle, truthfully, I couldn't wait for you to get here. But, looking at you, it was worth the wait."
"That's more like it, mister," she said.

She opened the back of the Jeep and there was more baggage back there than I would take on a two week trip. "All this goes up?" I said.
"Just the two suitcases," she said.
Which was pretty much all of it.  I mean, I didn't think that the tool kit and orange and red roadside warning triangles were going to the suite.  Before I opened my yap with a smart remark I decided that I wouldn't say anything about over-packing.  It dawned on me that everything in there might be something I would enjoy.  So, why complain? The hotel had an elevator, the bags had wheels.  It wasn't like I'd be carrying them up the mountain on my back.

We got up to the suite and I put her bags in the bedroom.  She kept a carryall with her. When I came back into the living room she was sitting on the chair near the balcony.  I opened the curtains and rolled the sliding door back.  The cool mountain air rolled into the room.  I sat down on the couch and, suddenly, everything felt awkward.

It wasn't anything she did and it wasn't anything I did.  It was just that the situation was awkward.  We barely knew each other and, abruptly, the only thing we had in front of us was the fact that we were going to have sex.  We weren't going out to a movie, a club or dinner first.  Neither of us was hungry as we had eaten a late lunch.  Sure, there was a movie theater within walking distance of the hotel but we weren't going there. The TV was off.  It was quiet. We were just two people sitting in a hotel suite with nothing else to think about but having sex.  Unless I had a heart attack first-- my heart was beating so hard it was like I was at an 8th grade dance and the coolest girl from home room had just winked at me.  I wouldn't have been surprised if Janelle could hear the pounding. If she had said so I couldn't have heard it over the rushing sound in my ears anyway.

When the pressure is on people made of stern stuff come to the fore. Whether it's workplace pressure, domestic struggles, your favorite team stinking up the joint, or an impending election where all the candidates make you want to puke, sometimes you just have to get through it.  For most people it comes down to prayer or drink.  In my case I was praying I had bought the right drinks.

"May I get you something to drink?" I said.
"A white wine would be nice... if you have some," Janelle said.
"How about a crisp, cool, California Chardonnay?"
"That sounds dee-vine, dahling," she said, like an elegant dame from a '30s movie.

I pulled the cork and poured her wine into a plastic wine glass from Walgreen's. (At the corner of healthy and happy, indeed.)

I threw two ice cubes-- from the bucket I had filled while waiting for her call-- into a blue solo cup.  Two shots of Maker's Mark 46 (don't leave home without it) followed the ice.

"To a most interesting weekend," I said as we tapped our plastic beverage containers together.  Janelle smiled, sipped her wine, smiled again. "Mmmm, very nice!" she said.

Awkwardness officially over.

1 comment:

Mr. Gotham said...

So far so good, and.....